Many bar stools, dining chairs and other seating use round cushions. Follow these steps to ensure a proper fit for your custom cushion.
- Use a firm (carpenter's) tape measure, rather than a flexible (tailor's) measuring tape for the most accurate results.
- Keep in mind that when ordering, you will need to round up or round down to the nearest 1/2 inch.
- Do not order new cushions based on measurements of your existing or old chair or stool cushions. Over time, cushions can become worn and the fabric stretched. Using these measurements will result in cushions that may not fit your furniture. Instead, measure the stool or chair on which you will use the new cushion.
How to Measure Your Stool or Chair
- Measure the diameter of the stool or chair's seat.
- Decide the cushion thickness you would like.
- Round cushions are available 3-8 inches thick (in 1-inch increments).
Is Your Stool or Chair Seat Odd-Shaped?
If your bar stool or chair seat is not perfectly round, your furniture will require a "unique shape" cushion. You will need to make and send a template (pattern) for your furniture. To learn how, visit How to Make a Template. To determine if your furniture's seat is a perfect circle, measure the diameter from front to back and from left to right. If the measurements are the same both ways, the stool or chair is considered round. If these measurements don't match, you will need to make a template.
We're Here to Help!
If you have any questions, give us a call at 1-800-510-8325 or send an email. Our customer service representatives will be glad to help.