To insure that your custom window seat cushion is correctly made and fits your window seat properly, follow these steps.
Window Seat Measuring Tips
- Use a firm tape measure (ie, a carpenter's), rather than a flexible measuring tape (ie, a tailor's) for the most accurate results.
- Keep in mind that when ordering, you will need to round up or round down to the nearest ½ inch.
How to Measure Your Window Seat Cushion
- Measure the width of your window seat. Keep in mind, if the width, or length, of your window seat cushion is more than 107 inches and the thickness if 4 inches or less, we will need to fold the cushion to allow for ground shipping. Any cushion longer than 107 inches and 5 inches thick cannot be folded and must ship LTL, which will incur extra shipping costs. To avoid having your new long custom cushion folded or shipped LTL, you may consider breaking up your cushion into 2 or 3 cushions.
- Measure the depth (front to back) of the window seat.
- Decide the cushion thickness you would like. Window seat cushions and pads are available 2-8 inches thick (in 1-inch increments), depending on the type of cushion you select there may be an increased loft due to the filling.
- If you are also ordering a back cushion for your window seat: Make sure to subtract the thickness of the seat cushion from the height of your back cushion dimension, or the back cushion will be taller than the back support when put into position.
Is Your Window Seat Odd-Shaped?
If your window seat is curved any shape other than rectangle/square, no problem, we can make your cushion. We will need you to make and send a template (pattern) for the shape of your window seat cushions. To learn how, visit How to Make a Template.
We're Here To Help!
If you have any questions, give us a call at 1-800-510-8325 or contact us. Our customer service representatives will be glad to help.