Wicker furniture is often used for patio furniture or as indoor seating.
To make custom cushions for wicker furniture, we will need a few basic dimensions, as well as a template of your furniture.
Due to the fact that wicker furniture is made in a wide variety of unique shapes, a template is required for all wicker furniture cushions. A template is simply a life-size pattern of your furniture. You may use any pliable paper or cloth to make a template. Visit "How to Make a Template" for step-by-step instructions.
First, you'll need to determine the needed dimensions for your cushions in order to provide an accurate price when you place your order. Follow these steps to get measurements for your custom cushions.
- Use a firm (carpenter's) tape measure, rather than a flexible (tailor's) measuring tape for the most accurate results.
- Keep in mind that when ordering, you will need to round up or round down to the nearest 1/2 inch.
- DO NOT order new cushions based on measurements of your existing or old wicker furniture cushions. Over time, cushions can become worn and the fabric stretched. Using these measurements will result in cushions that may not fit your furniture. Instead, measure the furniture on which you will use the new cushions.
How to Measure Your Wicker Furniture
Steps 1-3: Dimensions
- Measure the total width of the wicker furniture's seat at its widest point.
- During the ordering process, you will select your type of wicker furniture (chair, love seat or sofa) and whether your furniture needs multiple cushions. It is important that you provide the total width of your furniture, as well as how many cushions your furniture requires, when you place your order.
- For example, Jane's 3-seater wicker sofa has a width of 84". We will make 3 seat cushions, each approximately 28" wide, which will fit her sofa.
- Measure the depth of the wicker furniture's seat at its deepest point.
- Only if ordering back cushions: Measure the height of the wicker furniture's back support at its tallest point.
Step 4: Thickness
- Decide the cushion thickness you would like.
Traditional tufted-style wicker cushions are available in 3-inch, 5-inch or 7-inch thicknesses. Standard-style (flat) cushions are available 2-8 inches thick (in 1-inch increments).
- If you are also ordering back cushions for your wicker furniture:
Make sure to subtract the thickness of the seat cushion from the height of your furniture's back dimension, or the back cushion will be taller than the furniture's back support when put into position.
Step 5: Make a Template
Design Your Cushions
After you have determined the dimensions of your wicker furniture, you're ready to design your cushions! You may create your template before or after you place your order. To ensure your cushions are the proper fit for your furniture, your order will not be processed until we have received your template.
We're Here to Help!
If you have any questions, give us a call at 1-800-510-8325 or send an email. Our customer service representatives will be glad to help.