This video shows step-by-step instructions on how to measure for a seat cushion.
Whether it's for a patio chair, bar stool or other seat, your custom seat cushions will be made to your dimensions. Follow these steps to ensure a proper fit for your custom cushion.
Sometimes, over the years well-worn cushions become misshapen. It is strongly recommended that you measure your existing piece of furniture or space. Do NOT measure the old cushion.
- Use a firm (carpenter's) tape measure, rather than a flexible (tailor's) measuring tape for the most accurate results.
- Keep in mind that when ordering, you will need to round up or round down to the nearest 1/2 inch.
How to Measure Your Seat
- Measure the width of the furniture's seat.
- Measure the depth of the furniture's seat.
- Decide the cushion thickness you would like.
Seat cushions are available 2-8 inches thick (in 1-inch increments), depending on the type of cushion you select.
- Please note if you are also ordering back cushions for your furniture:
Make sure to subtract the thickness of the seat cushion from the height of your furniture's back dimension,
or the back cushion will be taller than the back support when put into position.
Is Your Seat Odd-Shaped?
If your seat is any shape other than rectangle/square, you will need to make and send a template (pattern) for your furniture. To learn how, visit How to Make a Template.
We're Here to Help!
If you have any questions, give us a call at 1-800-510-8325 or send an email. Our customer service representatives will be glad to help.